A blog dedicated to one of the loves of my life - gardening. Living in a bungalow in Derby, UK where I spend my time looking after my disabled husband, I also spend time learning what I can about gardening and applying it in our small garden. I hope that you will enjoy the photography and visit again and again and again. The other loves in my life are husband, my two sons, my four grandchildren and music.

Monday, January 29, 2007

REAP WHAT YOU SOW

FOR THE GARDEN OF YOUR DAILY LIVING:

PLANT THREE ROWS OF PEAS:
1. Peace of mind
2. Peace of heart
3. Peace of soul

PLANT FOUR ROWS OF SQUASH:
1. Squash gossip
2. Squash indifference
3. Squash grumbling
4. Squash selfishness

PLANT FOUR ROWS OF LETTUCE:

1. Lettuce be faithful
2. Lettuce be kind
3. Lettuce be patient
4. Lettuce really love one another

NO GARDEN IS WITHOUT TURNIPS:
1. Turnip for meetings
2. Turnip for service
3. Turnip to help one another

TO CONCLUDE OUR GARDEN WE MUST HAVE THYME:
1. Thyme for each other
2. Thyme for family
3. Thyme for friends

WATER FREELY WITH PATIENCE AND CULTIVATE WITH LOVE. THERE IS MUCH FRUIT IN YOUR GARDEN BECAUSE YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

-o00o-

Hello, I am back to talk about gardening for the new season.

Soon I will get some pictures to show you the state of my garden after the long winter months - dreadful to say the least. However, in a few weeks time, when the weather gets a little bit warmer, I will enjoy going outside and preparing new garden beds and certainly cannot wait to clear up the mess left from the destructive winds.

I took a walk around my present garden today and was very surprised to see the beginnings of the Spring, I cannot believe that a number of Daffodils and Primulas have started flowering rather early at this time of the year. My goodness! I can't believe this my Sweet Williams are also in flower. How the seasons are changing!

Primulas

As I start to put new ideas as to what I am going to be putting into the 2007 Summer garden I will try and inform you all of the progress. I am getting excited but I will have to keep it a secret from you all for the time being. I will also try and get some pictures for you on the progress (that's if I can get my photographer to venture out of doors) - as I am still paying off the large bill from photographs of my garden last year!

I hope there are many gardeners out there that have just as much enjoyment as I do when you get outdoors and please feel free to let me know how you are doing in your garden.

Happy gardening...

Protea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home